“Half memoir, half travel, A Yank Back to England...is an absolutely wonderful book, not only about going home again but also about love and family and tradition and the passage of the years.”
—Michael Dirda, Pulitzer Prize-winning literary critic (Washington
Post)
To see the entire quote, click here.

Sunday, June 28, 2009

When life hands you lemons...

The charming Sandi K at Sandi-K.blogspot thinks we have good attitude and has left us the delightful lemonade stand award. Thank you so much!
We would like to pass this award along to:
*XPAT at Xpatriate Games, because anyone who calls the hubcap "Big Roo" and the young one "Little Roo" has great attitude;
*Sophia at Scotland for the Senses because our attitude certainly improved when we found her little corner of Scotland;
*Maggie at Do these shoes match my purse?, because we love her attitude (enough said).
*Amy at Amy's Daily Photo because she keeps an eye on New York for us; and
*Her grace, the Duchess of Tea at Rose Tea Cottage, because, although we just found her blog, we're still smiling.
Thanks to all of you for your great attitude--and thanks, Sandi, for the award!

6 comments:

Amy said...

Wow, my first blog award! Thank you Denis and Frances, I'm so honored!

Maggie said...

OMG- my first award! Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!! (I have tons I want to say here... I would be one of those academy award winners the orchestra would cut off...) So thank you!

smitten by britain said...

Congrats to all the winners!

Unknown said...

Who me??? Thank you from me and all the Roos!!!

Duchess of Tea said...

Congratulations Denis & Frances on receiving the Lemonade Stand Award.

I am delighted you have stopped by my cottage, left a lovely comment, signed up as followers and to top it off you have honored me with this unexpected award. I am speechless!!. It will be my honor to accept the Lemonade Stand Award. I will post it on my blog with great pride. You are kind, thank you so very much.

P.S. I feel so royal being called Her grace.

The Prodigal Tourist said...

Our pleasure, everyone! Job well done.