“Half memoir, half travel, A Yank Back to England...is an absolutely wonderful book, not only about going home again but also about love and family and tradition and the passage of the years.”
—Michael Dirda, Pulitzer Prize-winning literary critic (Washington
Post)
To see the entire quote, click here.

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Forget the booze--smuggle me out!


By happy coincidence, Carol of istitchaholic, who lives in Deal, has just sent us this lovely photo of Middle Street, showing lots of colorful old houses. Apparently, many are joined up by smugglers' tunnels--wish we had known that when we were there, we could have used a quick escape route from our rental house!
If you have a photo of England you want to share, email us! If we post it, we'll link back to you.

3 comments:

Maggie said...

that looks so quaint- and the smugglers tunnels- now how cool is that?!?

(I have no photos of England; only Ireland but I enjoy seeing the one's here for sure!)

DeniseinVA said...

What a great idea, I will enjoy seeing them. Beautiful street! I haven't been back to England in years but if I come across a decent old photo I will send it.

The Prodigal Tourist said...

Maggie--we'll have to get you to England then, won't we!
Denise--look forward to it. You always have such beautiful photos on your site, I'm sure you have some nice ones of Old Blighty somewhere!