“Half memoir, half travel, A Yank Back to England...is an absolutely wonderful book, not only about going home again but also about love and family and tradition and the passage of the years.”
—Michael Dirda, Pulitzer Prize-winning literary critic (Washington
Post)
To see the entire quote, click here.

Thursday, July 16, 2009

A "guest" from across the pond

Cousins Kevin and Maxine of The Repairman Cometh took us at our word and raised a glass (or two) when they heard the news about the book. We laughed so hard at Kevin's note we decided to share it here (well, most of it), our first "guest blogger," so to speak.

I've poked around in the piggy bank with my knife and dug out some coppers so I can pre-order my hot-off-the-press copy of A Yank Back to England! Well done--the longest book I ever wrote was a thousand lines at school. Delivery is estimated 8th Feb in UK, do tell the publicist to get out the ol'caxton press and bang out some early copies...
We've just recently returned from a two-week holiday caravan rally in the Vendee, France. A long drive but well worth it. We've flogged our holiday stories to death but have heard there's some new victims across the pond... My French is much improved: "Un beer pretty darn quick'o!"
Lots of love to all (said in my deep straight voice),
Kev & Max

5 comments:

Smitten by Britain said...

Funny, I just learned about the Caxton press today as a matter of fact. Ordinarily I would say that your cousins look far too happy to be English, but then I spotted the drink in hand and read they just came back from holiday. Still, a lovely gesture.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to the release. Congrats

The Prodigal Tourist said...

Smitten--actually Kevin is always happy and great fun to be around, quite nice really! So pleased we reconnected after 20+ years!
Eternally Distracted--thank you very much!

Cheryl said...

I knew it! A book was in the works! Will look out for it for sure.

Maggie said...

I bet you had lots of laughs if the note is any indicator at all! So fun!

(And I can't wait for the release either!)